The Baptist Union of Lithuania congregations prayer requests:
So many need prayer, but among our concerns:
1. "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few". We ask the Lord to call more workers.
2. We thank God for a few awake souls, who are preparing for baptism. For this matter we ask God's leading.
3. We pray for a small group who are approaching and questioning, only visitors at the moment, but who seem to have stopped halfway.
4. We have considerable financial-household concern. It is necessary to repair the church's building's roof, which has served us since 1931. We should do the repairs next year. Certainly, it will not be easy with finances for a small congregation, but we pray God to help find a solution.
5. On 7th August we celebrated 111 years of ministry. Give thanks to God for that witness.
6. For pastor Albertas Latužis (he has cancer) and his surgery later this month.
1. Little boy Slavik, son of our brother from the church, has has got ill with diabetes. He is only 1 year old. Illness proved to be inborn, but it was exposed only now. His parents Večeslav and Liudmila are together with the boy stayed in hospital in Kaunas. They will be trained to do insulin injections and care for the child. We ask for prayer for Slavik's health, and that God would give strength, patience and comfort for the parents.
2. For our pastor Vladimir Stasenko; he has leukemia.
1. For the school in our congregation's building and its leaders and teachers. The school needs more pupils. Pray for increased number and for the wisdom to teach in a Christian way.
2. For the children's day centre settled in our building.
3. For pastor Irmantas Pinkoraitis (he has cancer – Non-Hodgkin lymphona, stage 4); also peace for him and his family.
The Baptist Union of Lithuania
For unity of the Union and for it's growth.
And thank God that there are believers who appreciate the ministry of prayer.