PRAYERS OF THANKFULNESS
1. Thankfulness that God has brought to us a range of ages, with thriving youth work and children's work.
2. Thankfulness that God has been faithful in providing for us as a church, in terms of leaders (including a new minister and new youth worker), in terms of financial provision (enabling a refurbishment programme) and in terms of live connections with the community (through different ministries).
3. Thankfulness for His amazing provision which enabled the church to carry out extensive work on the building, new toilets and a refurbished Hall in 2014. We seek guidance on the next steps for further improvements and for the necessary funding! Malachi 3 v 10.
4. Thankfulness for good relations with surrounding churches and growing partnerships (e.g. CAP, Job Club).
PRAYERS OF SUPPLICATION
1. Pray that we will experience more of the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in and through our lives individually and as a church as we gather to worship. Pray for those in our fellowship who have been on a short course discerning what spiritual gifts God is seeking to develop in them and how they might be worked out in their lives. Prayer too for those who were unable to be part of the course that God will reveal the gifts he wants to develop in them.
2. Pray that we will become more rounded disciples, knowing who we are in Christ, what we are each called to, with growing sensitivity to what God is saying and doing in our lives. Pray for those who are taking part in IGNITE, a longer discipleship course helping Christians to understand their identity in Christ and God's specific calling on their life as disciples.
3. Pray that we will grow in confidence missionally, making more connections with the communities we live, work and play in. Pray that we be more effective in sharing the love of Jesus in word and deed.
4. Pray for our children's work and youth work, that it will continue to thrive and grow.
Minister: Rev Pete Jorysz