As we start a new season, this is a time of new beginnings, ministries and activities relaunching and new programmes starting in many of our churches.
Give thanks for all that is new:
· For a number of our ministers returning after sabbatical and for new ministers in training starting their courses this month, especially Heather Farrow from Heaton Baptist Church
· For signs of new life and growth in many of our churches.
· For those who have come to faith or been renewed in through the mission of our churches over the summer and through camps and events such as Kairos.
Pray for God to do new things amongst us:
· For new initiatives, including the NBA 'Reimagine' process, designed to help churches transition to become more effective in their mission and more mission-focussed. This launches in the new year, but there is a taster evening planned for September 18th.
· For churches going through times of transition, seeking new ministers or leaders, or readjusting after leaders have left. Please remember Enon Baptist Church and especially the family of Gerry Brown, following his death last month. He will be much missed in the life of our Association.
· For a renewing of vision, a deepening of faith, a growth in commitment and passion for following and serving Christ for all our Baptist Churches in the North East.
On a final personal note, pray for those of us from NBA churches who are raising money for good causes through taking part in the Great North Run on Sunday 10th September. If you would like to support the life-changing work of Christian Aid, working amongst many of the world's poorest and most deprived communities, you can sponsor your Mission Enabler by following the link from the NBA Facebook page.
thenba.org.uk (and FB & Twitter)