Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (Luke 2:10-11)
We give thanks and praise God for the wonder of Christ born amongst us and for all that it means for us.
Give Thanks for
· the many opportunities to praise God and give thanks for the birth of Jesus
· all the ways the story of Jesus is portrayed and told and for the occasion to share this news with those outside of the church
· the good news of forgiveness, hope, peace and new life
· the blessings of this past year – recall what God has done in your life and the life of your church
· those who will find this Christmas time difficult in any way
· that people would receive the good news of Jesus and His transforming power
· Linda Donaldson as she takes up the role of Northern Baptist College Hub Tutor at Cranmer Hall
· Elisabeth Jordan, Ian Fulcher and Paul Merton who retire from their current ministries yet remain open to God's calling in new ways.
the Re-Imagine programme which begins in January, that those churches engaged may find it a time of transformation and enriching in life and mission
· 2018 to be a year of peace and blessing for all
Prayers provided by Rev Dr John Claydon (Regional Minister, Team Leader)
thenba.org.uk (and FB and Twitter)