In the Advent themes we consider John the Baptist this week, preparing the way for people to receive Jesus as Messiah. May our churches be communities that enable others to receive Jesus as Messiah through their life and witness.
· For the ministry of evangelists and preachers in our churches who help prepare people to understand who Jesus is and to receive them as their Lord and Saviour.
· For this time of year where we have some of the greatest opportunities to share the Christian Gospel with those beyond our churches.
· For our NBA churches' Advent and Christmas services to be mission-focussed, visitor-friendly, and for god to draw many folk to worship with us.
· For clear proclamation of the Gospel and for visitors to experience the presence of God in worship and prayer in our worship services over the next two weeks.
· For every church member to make the most of the opportunities we have to explain the 'reason for the season' and the hope in Christ that we have as a result of the incarnation.
· That the true meaning of Christmas will penetrate more deeply through our society and culture. Pray for Christians working in schools, universities, the arts and media, politics and other spheres where there are opportunities to communicate the Christmas message.