Luke 1 v 38 'I am the Lord's servant,' … 'May your word to me be fulfilled.'
Luke 2 v19 'But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.'
Give thanks for
· the wonder and joy of Jesus (Emmanuel) come amongst us … 'the Word made flesh'
· the example of those in Scripture and elsewhere who have received God's word and become examples to us
· the many opportunities to celebrate with God's people, our families and the wider community the wonder of God's love
· the many blessings and faithfulness of God over the past year
· those for whom Christmas is a difficult time may yet know something of the love, joy and peace of Christ
· in all our services, events, activities and celebrations we may honour Jesus and point people to him with warmth and clarity
· we may ponder the deeper reality of what God did 2,000 years ago and the work of His Spirit amongst us now
· seek the blessing and guidance of God for 2017 in the world, our nation, the church and our own lives.
Emmanuel – God is with us!