Prayers for December 20th 2020
from Paul Revill - NBA Mission Enabler
As Christmas draws close and the period of waiting and preparation transitions into the celebrations of Jesus' birth, take some time this weekend to consider some of the parallels between waiting in this Advent season and the waiting we've been experiencing under the pandemic restrictions. The hope of an effective vaccine and an opening up of society once again; and the hope of a saviour to deliver us from sin, shame and death.
As you pray this weekend, here are some further themes to focus upon:
· Pray for all our churches as they celebrate the incarnation, that God will bring fresh revelation and insight into his nature and character in taking on human flesh and blood.
· Pray for our churches as they engage in outreach this weekend with carol services, carol singing, online faith sharing and practical action. As there are fewer alternative distractions this year, may churches become more central in their community life as people celebrate Christmas.
· May we all find ways of living more slowly, more simply, more Christ-focussed lives this Christmas, giving time and space for the Saviour.
In my role as NBA Mission Enabler, please can you support me in prayer…
· As we look to engage in a thoroughgoing review of Association life under a new Strategic Transitional Leader whom we hope to appoint in the Spring, may God bring clarity to how all the other staff roles will relate to this new role, and be guiding us in how we might need to change in order to embrace the new future which God has for us.
· I am working on several projects for 2021: growing a mentoring network of younger and missional leaders across our churches; launching an Association year out discipleship scheme; developing our mission strategy, especially the pioneering and social action aspects; growing in our practice of online mission. Please pray for God to lead and guide in each of these.
Ephesians 1: 15-16 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
NBA Registered Office: 23, Church Wynd, Sherburn Village, Durham. DH6 1QU
Company Number 04340889. Registered Charity Number 1092595The Northern Baptist Association is a Registered Charity No. 1092595 and a Limited Company No. 04340889, Registered Office: 23 Church Wynd, Sherburn Village, Durham. DH6 1QU. This email (including any attached files) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the agreed policy of the Northern Baptist Association. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden. The Northern Baptist Association has made reasonable efforts to ensure that any attached files are virus-free, but you should use your own virus checking system to confirm this. We do not accept liability for loss or damage which may be caused to computer systems or data. The Association through its staff, officers and volunteers are asked for their opinion on a wide variety of concerns relating to the life of the Church. However, it is the responsibility of those seeking/receiving advice to identify when the matters arising require formal legal advice. The Association does not provide legal advice and therefore does not carry insurance that covers loss that might arise from such advice. Communications with the Association staff, officers and volunteers should not be relied upon as a substitute for obtaining specific and more detailed advice in a particular matter. Further communication will signify your consent to this.