Today we celebrate the greatest gift of all – God giving us himself through the birth of his son Jesus. May our churches be filled with joy and hope this day, even in the midst of the uncertainties and threats facing our wider world.
· For the awe-inspiring truth of the incarnation, of God becoming human, of his loving commitment to this world and to our salvation through Jesus.
· That our wider culture still gives time to remember and recognise Jesus and our Christian heritage at this time of year, compared to any other season.
· That as churches we will take inspiration from the incarnation in our mission, and find ways of getting out into and amongst our communities to share the life of God with people in deed and word.
· For an opportunity this week to share the Good News of Christmas with someone, in word or in deed.
· For those in your community for whom Christmas is a difficult time, through bereavement and loss; poverty; ill health or living through difficult circumstances. Pray for opportunities for our churches to share something of the light and life of Christ through caring for those in need during this season.
Supplied by Rev Paul Revill